Sunday, June 5, 2011

Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran




Genre: Faction (historical event with both real and fiction happenings)
Distributor: Crown
Length: 440 pages
Rating: PG 13 (for the beheadings and gor)
Starring: Madame Tussaud, Marie Antoinette, Henri, Marat, Robespierre
Theme: Change is not always good
Comments: Michelle Moran is one of the few ‘must buys’ for me. When this one came out, only in hard cover, the $25.00 price tag gave me pause. When Borders went into real decline, I purchased the book during the last week of the store when all books were majorly cut in price. Here’s the truth. I’m not paying $25 dollars for a book (unless it’s the Bible). Now, about the book. This book was a change for her Egypt setting. We went to France. I’ve never really studied the French Revolution so it was a real learning experience for me. The details were awesome. This book indeed sold her next one – no matter the setting. That being said… I want Egypt back.

No comments:

Post a Comment